Wheelchair Sport Switzerland
Wheelchair Sport means...
...sustain Quality of Living
...build Self - Esteem
...prevention of Infectious Episodes
...Joy & Fun of Movement
Join us and participate in sports, we would love to advise you.
Physical activity greatly influences the life quality of all spinal cord injury patients. Due to this fact, the Swiss Paraplegics Association (SPA) cultivates and promotes sports on every level, and together with Wheelchair Sport Switzerland manages a department including all its duties and responsibilities.
Wheelchair Sport Switzerland is dedicated to:
- Planning, organizing and production of national and international wheelchair events, training camps, training courses etc.
- Personal supervision and counsel for top athletes
- Animation of team sports, sample test courses & fun-competitions
- Formulation of rules and procedures, education and school study materials, as well as the advancement of the off spring
Creation of technical and expert panels to promote and develop different sports in Switzerland, including licensing and all aspects of arbitration
- Support (logistics, counsel) of the Wheelchair Clubs and its partners, for example other associations or presenters
- Ensuring contact to national and international sports officials/authorities
- Business of the Swiss Center of Wheelchair Sport Nottwil